The Lissa True Conference Scholarship – For Parents, Educators and Students
The Deadline for Applications is Friday, September 3rd, 2021
In Loving Memory of Lissa True who passed away on August 23rd, 2017. Lissa was a true Dyslexia Warrior, a selfless and loving person who sacrificed for, and was seen as a protector of self esteem for persons with dyslexia. She was a longtime Administrator for the IDA-RMB from 2008 to 2014, a founder of the YES! Program (purchased by Learning Ally and now run independently), and intimately involved with supporting the dyslexic community in Colorado and beyond! Lissa was the catalyst for launching numerous programs, recruiting volunteer parent leaders, and training and coaching student leaders as YES! Ambassadors. Additionally, Lissa helped spearhead the Dyslexia Resource Group, an organization dedicated to providing education, support, and a voice for families of students with dyslexia in the Denver metro area. Her tireless work ethic and incredible passion are tremendously missed! Click here to learn more about the Colorado YES! Program.
IDA-RMB is pleased to be able to offer scholarships towards in-person registration fees for parents, educators and students in the fields of Education or Child Development (or other related field). This scholarship will cover in-person conference registration fees only (a $65 fee per day scholarship fee will be required to cover materials, internet, and food costs), and does not include meals outside the conference, travel, parking, or lodging. Please note that individuals cannot receive a scholarship two years in a row. See the application for more terms and conditions.
Before applying, and so that we can include as many people as possible, please check with your building, district or BOCES to see if they may be able to provide scholarship funds for you to attend this conference.
This scholarship is not applicable for:
- Travel and Parking
- Any expenses other than in-person registration fees
Please apply only if your school or business has agreed to give you time off and if you are able to cover your travel and lodging expenses, plus the daily $65 fee.
Applicants should NOT register for the conference at this time, as registrations cannot be processed without payment. You will be instructed on how and when to register after scholarship awards are decided.
Please submit your application by Friday, September 3rd, 2021:
- If awarded a scholarship, notification with an on-line registration code will be sent via email on or before Thursday, September 9th, 2021.
- You must register on-line by September 13th at 6pm as a scholarship recipient. Funds for scholarship recipients not registered by 6pm on September 13th will be given to other applicants.
- If a scholarship was not awarded, you can register through Monday, September 13th at 6pm at the early registration discount pricing. Starting September 13th at 6pm, you will be charged the regular registration fees.
- All fees are paid at the time of registration via PayPal.
- Scholarship awards cannot be transferred to another person, and cannot be deferred for a future event.
IMPORTANT: You WILL NOT be able to edit the file online. You must download it first.
CLICK HERE to download the Scholarship Application for the 2021 Reading in the Rockies Conference. Instructions for submitting the application can be found in the file. Please email us at email@example.com with any questions.
IMPORTANT: You WILL NOT be able to edit the file online.
You MUST download the file to your computer before re-opening it and filling in your answers. Then re-save as directed and email the completed application file to firstname.lastname@example.org before Friday, September 3, 2021.