US Research Excellence and Advancements for Dyslexia Act
US Senate Resolution 389 – Implications of Dyslexia and National Dyslexia Awareness Month
The Colorado Department of Education
Through setting a clear vision for increasing student performance, CDE continually supports the advancement and improvement of the state’s education system to prepare all learners for success in a rapidly changing global workplace.
The CDE has clear goals related to student achievement, educator effectiveness and school/district performance – all aimed at preparing students for success after high school.
- Colorado Department of Education – Dyslexia Handbook
- Dyslexia Working Group – Including Meeting Dates
- House Bill 1223
- READ Act (12-1238)
- Parent and Educator Resource Guide to Section 504 in Public Elementary and Secondary Schools
- CDE – Special Learning Disabilities (SLD) – Informational Home Page
- CDE – Fast Facts on Dyslexia ©2008 (PDF Download)
- CDE – Fast Facts on Specific Learning Disabilities©2011 (PDF Download)
- CDE – Dyslexia Fact Sheet ©2018 (PDF Download)
- IEP Facilitation by the Colorado Department of Education
- Families or school personnel should talk to their special education teacher or coordinator if they feel it is time to engage an IEP Facilitator. The request should go to the district Special Education Director. If the Special Education Director agrees to the use of a facilitator and there is a fee for the facilitator’s services, it should be paid for by the school district since IEP meetings are provided at no cost to the family.
The Utah Board of Education
Mission: The Utah State Board of Education leads by creating equitable conditions for student success: advocating for necessary resources, developing policy, and providing effective oversight and support.
Vision: Upon completion, all Utah students are prepared to succeed and lead by having the knowledge and skills to learn, engage civically, and lead meaningful lives.
Utah State Board of Education Dyslexia Handbook
S.B. 117 Interventions for Reading Difficulties Pilot Program
The Wyoming Board of Education
Mission: Create Opportunities for Students to Keep Wyoming Strong
Vision: To significantly increase the percentage of Wyoming Students that are College, Career, and Military Ready.
Wyoming Department of Education – Literacy
Wyoming Statute 21-3-401: Reading Assessment and Intervention