IDA-RMB 2022 Dyslexia Dash!
Literacy for All!
The Dyslexia Dash is an annual fundraising 5K race* organized by the IDA Georgia Branch. Funds raised go towards teacher training scholarships and other outreach initiatives. 2020 was the first year the race was offered virtually and it was a huge success. This year’s race can be run as an in-person race or as a virtual race. The in-person races will be held on October 22, 2022 at Perimeter Mall in Atlanta, Georgia.
Since we’re a little far from Georgia, there are two great ways for those of us in the Rocky Mountain region to participate in this year’s Dyslexia Dash:
1. Sign up for the Virtual Dyslexia Dash*
- Visit https://runsignup.com/Race/Register/?raceId=9779
- Click on the “Sign Up” button in the upper left corner under the IDA Dyslexia Dash logo.
- After entering your personal info, the Event to select is the “5km Run/Walk Virtual Race”
- Signup is $35.00 for the event fee and a $3.03 signup fee
- At the bottom of the page, answer YES to “Would you like to join or create a Group or Team for 5km Run/Walk?” and on the next page, select “IDA Rocky Mountain Branch” as the team* you want to join.
- The IDA-RMB will receive a $5.00 donation for each registrant.
- Virtual participants will run their own course and can post their times. As soon as you register you can run the race.
- The Dyslexia Dash website will be open to receiving posting of times on October 2, 2022 and will remain open until October 22, 2022. Participants will have the option to post their times via the Dyslexia Dash website, using text message or sending an email.
- Refunds are allowed for a $3.00 fee until the end of Oct 19, 2022 or the date of the event, whichever comes first.
- Virtual race participants will receive their race t-shirt through the mail during the week of October 23.
2. Donate Directly to the IDA Rocky Mountain Branch Dyslexia Dash
- Visit https://runsignup.com/ida-rmb
- Our branch will receive 100% of these donations.
- You do not need to sign up for the race to directly donate.
- If you raise $100 or more dollars by October 1, the name of your fundraiser will appear on the Dyslexia Dash T-Shirt.
A Little About Us
IDA-RMB is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, scientific and educational organization formed to increase public awareness of dyslexia, the most common cause of reading, writing, and spelling difficulties (affecting 15-20% of the population). We are a part of the International Dyslexia Association, which with over 13,000 members is the oldest organization of its kind in the United States serving individuals with dyslexia, their families, and professionals in the field. We are a resource and support system for all individuals concerned with dyslexia and related reading difficulties.
IDA-RMB serves Colorado, Wyoming and Utah. Our goal is to broaden our outreach and dyslexia advocacy and to provide equity to those in need. Our non-profit provides community outreach meetings and dyslexia awareness. In addition to our conferences and community outreach events, we are excited to launch the first Annual Dyslexia Dash!
Without the support of our participants, sponsors, volunteers at the Dyslexia Dash, and friends like you, these exciting events would not be possible.
Together we can demystify reading difficulties, spread knowledge about dyslexia and effective reading instruction, and encourage change.
Thank you for any support towards this worthy cause!
*Please note that IDA-RMB is not organizing any in-person events and cannot be held responsible or liable for any injuries, accidents, loss of life, property or otherwise, which may occur while participating in the race. It is your sole responsibility to determine whether you are sufficiently fit and healthy enough to participate in the event.