The deadline for submissions for the 2017-2018 school year has passed.
Our submission deadline for the 2018-2019 school year is February 2, 2018!
The IDA Rocky Mountain Branch provides Assistive Technology* grants to schools! Grants will be awarded to accredited Colorado K-12 educational institutions for assistive technology devices, services, and teacher training for students with dyslexia, language, and literacy challenges. Grants must be used for educational purposes.
* The legal definition of assistive technology includes both assistive technology devices and services. An assistive technology device is any item, piece of equipment, or product system, whether acquired commercially off the shelf, modified, or customized, that is used to increase, maintain, or improve the functional capabilities of [individuals] with disabilities. [34 CFR 300.5] An assistive technology service means any service that directly assists [an individual] with a disability in the selection, acquisition, or use of an assistive technology device including training. [34CFR 300.6]
The submission deadline is February 2, 2018. Grants will be awarded during the summer, with implementation for the 2018-2019 school year. Typical awards are $1000-$2500. Matching funds from PTO, PTA, or other school community groups are always welcome to increase the total of your grant request.
Please download the Colorado Common Grant form, (CGA) from www.coloradocommongrantforms.org. We ask that you submit the Cover Letter from Section 1, the Summary Sheet Form from Section 2, and the Narrative from Section 3. Once completed, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org or return by post to:
740 Yale Road
Boulder, CO 80305
A successful grant application will answer the following questions:
- Mission: Please describe how this grant will support the IDA-RMB mission.
- Feasibility: Please share the learning problem to be addressed, the scope of the problem, and the student population to be served. Please explain the role that school and/or district leadership will play and explain the communication process anticipated with parents.
- Implementation: Please share the implementation plan, including any logistical challenges anticipated that address intended outcomes for student learning. Include any professional development that will be necessary, and the anticipated timeline for implementation.
- Technology: Please explain the feature and benefits of the technology and why it was chosen to meet student learning needs.
- Data Collection: Please share your internal evaluation methods to measure student literacy improvement as a result of the technology implementation.
- Budget: Please provide an itemized list of expenditures including equipment, professional development, and subscriptions.If needed, please share what other financing sources are available to complete the request.
- Additional Outcomes: Please describe other positive impacts potentially derived from this grant award.
A letter of grant acceptance must be signed by the applicant upon approval of the grant. Institutions receiving grants must return the Grant Evaluation Response Report included with the award.
Please click here for Assistive Technology resource suggestions created by Jim Sandstrum from Assistive Technology Partners. Additional resources are available at the Assistive Technology Partners website.
We look forward to hearing from you!
The IDA-RMB Assistive Technology Grant Committee