|RAFFLE||SCHOLARSHIPS||FRIDAY PROGRAM||SATURDAY PROGRAM|
The Lissa True Conference Scholarship – For Parents, Educators and Students
The Deadline for Submission was Friday, September 6th, 2019
In Loving Memory of Lissa True who passed away on August 23rd, 2017. Lissa was a true Dyslexia Warrior, a selfless and loving person who sacrificed for, and was seen as a protector of self esteem for, persons with dyslexia. She was a longtime Administrator for the IDA-RMB from 2008 to 2014, a founder of the YES! Program (now run by Learning Ally), and intimately involved with supporting the dyslexic community in Colorado and beyond! Lissa was the catalyst for launching all these programs, recruiting volunteer parent leaders, and training and coaching student leaders as YES! Ambassadors. Additionally, Lissa helped spearhead the Dyslexia Resource Group, an organization dedicated to providing education, support, and a voice for families of students with dyslexia in the Denver metro area. Her tireless work ethic and incredible passion are tremendously missed!
IDA-RMB is pleased to be able to offer scholarships towards registration fees for parents, educators and students in the fields of Education or Child Development (or other related field). This scholarship will cover conference registration fees only (a $65 fee per day scholarship fee will be required to cover materials, internet and food costs), and does not include travel or lodging. Please note that individuals cannot receive a scholarship two years in a row.
Before applying, please check with your building, district or BOCES to see if they may be able to provide scholarship funds for you to attend this conference, so that we can include as many people as possible.
This scholarship is not applicable for:
- Any expenses other than registration fees
Please apply only if your school or business has agreed to give you time off and if you are able to cover your travel and lodging expenses, plus the daily fee.
Applicants should NOT register for the conference at this time, as registrations cannot be processed without payment. You will be instructed on how and when to register after scholarship awards are decided.
Please submit your application by Friday, September 6th, 2019:
- If awarded a scholarship, notification with an on-line registration code will be sent via email on or before Monday, September 9th, 2019.
- You must register on-line by September 16th at 6pm as a scholarship recipient. Funds for scholarship recipients not registered by 6pm on September 16th will be given to other applicants.
- If a scholarship was not awarded, you can register through Monday, September 16th at 6pm at the early registration discount pricing. Starting September 16th at 6pm, you will be charged the regular registration fees.
- All fees are paid at the time of registration.
- Scholarship awards can not be transferred to another person, and can not be deferred for another event.
CLICK HERE to view the Scholarship Application for the 2019 Reading in the Rockies Conference here. Instructions for submitting the application can be found in the file. Please email us at email@example.com with any questions.
IMPORTANT: You MUST download the file to your computer before re-opening it and filling in your answers. Then resave as directed and email us the completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org.